Sunday, June 25, 2017

Introducing Aunt Barbara's Book Club

Dear Nieces and Nephews

Have you ever been part of a book club? It is a fun way to enjoy new books, keep in touch with friends and family, and learn new things. 

I would like to invite each of my nieces and nephews (there are a lot of you now!) to join this digital book club. It is a way for me to keep in touch with you and also for you to keep in touch with your cousins. 




This is how it will work:

1. We will choose a story.

2. We will read one story per week and leave comments on this blog in the comments section about the book. You can also e-mail me your comments at barbara.jane.wheeler@gmail.com. I will have some starter discussion questions, but you can ask your own questions to find out what other people think. 

3. I will also use this blog to post activities related to the book. Maybe there is a fun craft we can do. We can take pictures of how the craft turned out. E-mail them to me and I will post them to the blog. 

The first step is choosing a book. Here are some books that I want to read with you this summer:

1. Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi
2. The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
3. The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
4. The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson 
5. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

Take a look, decide, and post the story you want to read in the comments below. Whichever wins the most votes is the one we will start with. Check back with this blog for new questions and discussions every Sunday. 





1 comment: